SRI GC INJECTORS - PTV - PROGRAMMABLE TEMPERATURE VAPORIZATION
- Ballistic heating
- Large volume injections are possible
- Achieve low detection limits without pre-concentration
- Split/Splitless and On-Column modes
- Thermal desorption applications
SRI's Programmable Temperature Vaporization (PTV) option adds ballistic heating capability to the Heated Split/Splitless injector in order to accommodate large volume injections and thermal desorption applications. In the PTV mode, the insulation is removed from the Split/Splitless injector so that the column oven fan can cool the injector down between analyses.
The PTV injector sleeve is packed with a small amount of adsorbent material, such as Tenax. The initial column oven temperature, which maintains the injector cool-down temperature, should be set slightly higher than the boiling point of the solvent. As a large volume of sample is injected, the solvent vaporizes and passes through the adsorbent material and out the split vent. The split vent and carrier gas are under PeakSimple control. The carrier gas can be turned OFF during the PTV ballistic heating, in order to preheat the adsorbed analytes prior to desorbing onto the column.
SRI GC INJECTOR OPTIONS
Each SRI GC comes standard with one 1/8" cold on-column injector for use with either 0.53mm I.D.
capillary or 1/8" packed columns, see below. This type of injector allows the sample to be deposited directly into the bore of the column and avoids any contact with the injector port surfaces. This eliminates the need for a heated injector and is ideal for 0.53mm I.D. capillary columns.
- For solids, choose the Thermal Soil Desorber or the Heated Static Headspace.
- For liquids, choose the Cold On-Column, Heated Flash On-Column, Heated Split/Splitless, or the Heated Static Headspace.
- For gases, choose the 10 Port Gas Sampling Valve or the Purge and Trap.
- Add automation with the Method 5030 Purge and Trap Autosampler, or the 42 Vial Liquid Autosampler.
Up to 5 injector types, covering solids, liquids and gases can be mounted simultaneously onto the Model 8610C GC mainframe. Due to limited space, only one injector can be mounted on the Model 310 GC. Click on the links below to go directly to the specific information on the available injector hardware.
Heated Flash Vaporization, Heated Split/Splitless and PTV injectors are all upgrades to the On-column injector. All injectors must be installed at the SRI factory.
|Details||PTV and Split/Splitless Injector Upgrade|