SRI GC INJECTORS - ON-COLUMN INJECTOR
- Simple and reproducible injection technique
- For liquids and gases with wide range of boiling points
- For 0.53mm ID capillary and 1/8" packed columns
- No boiling point discrimination and low thermal mass
- Standard equipment on every SRI GC
One On-Column Injector (OCI) is supplied as standard equipment with the all SRI 8610C and 310 GC mainframes. If you require a second On-Column Injector, use this part number.
NOTE: If you require a second, or more, injector OF ANY TYPE on your GC, you must add this On-Column Injector hardware first, and then upgrade from there.
The OCI's low thermal mass and small size ensure that the syringe needle deposits the liquid sample into the bore of the column itself well inside the column oven, so that as the column temperature increases, even high boiling point samples are completely vaporized. This avoids boiling point discrimination or other uncertainties, and the gradual volatilization of the sample starting from a liquid droplet yields sharper peaks than flash vaporization followed by recondensation.
The OCI is supplied with carrier gas from the SRI Electronic Pressure Controller ( EPC ). The carrier gas is filtered with a convenient internally mounted molecular sieve filter which can be baked out by simply actuating a switch on the GC's front panel.
INCLUDES: EPC circuitry, 1/8" injection port hardware, septum nut, capillary adapter, digital pressure readout with 0.1psi resolution.
SRI GC INJECTOR OPTIONS
Each SRI GC comes standard with one 1/8" cold on-column injector for use with either 0.53mm I.D.
capillary or 1/8" packed columns, see below. This type of injector allows the sample to be deposited directly into the bore of the column and avoids any contact with the injector port surfaces. This eliminates the need for a heated injector and is ideal for 0.53mm I.D. capillary columns.
- For solids, choose the Thermal Soil Desorber or the Heated Static Headspace.
- For liquids, choose the Cold On-Column, Heated Flash On-Column, Heated Split/Splitless, or the Heated Static Headspace.
- For gases, choose the 10 Port Gas Sampling Valve or the Purge and Trap.
- Add automation with the Method 5030 Purge and Trap Autosampler, or the 42 Vial Liquid Autosampler.
Up to 5 injector types, covering solids, liquids and gases can be mounted simultaneously onto the Model 8610C GC mainframe. Due to limited space, only one injector can be mounted on the Model 310 GC. Click on the links below to go directly to the specific information on the available injector hardware.
Heated Flash Vaporization, Heated Split/Splitless and PTV injectors are all upgrades to the On-column injector. All injectors must be installed at the SRI factory.