10-Port Gas Sampling Valve-Electric
- Electrically actuated or manual actuation
- Standard and custom plumbing configurations
- 1, 2, or 3 valve capability
- Heated valve oven
SRI uses 10 port gas sampling valves because they offer so many possible configurations. They cost the same as 4 port or 6 port valves, but can easily be plumbed to replicate the function of the simpler valves. These stainless steel valves are rated for operation from ambient to 240oC.
The valve oven mounted on the 8610C GC can accommodate 2 electrically operated plus one manually operated valve, and can be thermostatted from ambient to 175°C ( up to 300°C for manual valve ). Because the valve oven is immediately next to the column oven, tubing runs are short with no cold spots, which results in sharper peaks. SRI offers many standard plumbing configurations including inject only, inject and backflush, pre-column back flush to vent, column sequence reversal, alternate loop inject, dual loop-dual column, and many more. Each valve mounted in the thermostatted oven is independently heated, and if appropriate, includes 1/8 inch stainless steel bulkhead fittings for sample in/out.
SRI GC INJECTOR OPTIONS
Each SRI GC comes standard with one 1/8" cold on-column injector for use with either 0.53mm I.D.
capillary or 1/8" packed columns, see below. This type of injector allows the sample to be deposited directly into the bore of the column and avoids any contact with the injector port surfaces. This eliminates the need for a heated injector and is ideal for 0.53mm I.D. capillary columns.
- For solids, choose the Thermal Soil Desorber or the Heated Static Headspace.
- For liquids, choose the Cold On-Column, Heated Flash On-Column, Heated Split/Splitless, or the Heated Static Headspace.
- For gases, choose the 10 Port Gas Sampling Valve or the Purge and Trap.
- Add automation with the Method 5030 Purge and Trap Autosampler, or the 42 Vial Liquid Autosampler.
Up to 5 injector types, covering solids, liquids and gases can be mounted simultaneously onto the Model 8610C GC mainframe. Due to limited space, only one injector can be mounted on the Model 310 GC. Click on the links below to go directly to the specific information on the available injector hardware.
Heated Flash Vaporization, Heated Split/Splitless and PTV injectors are all upgrades to the On-column injector. All injectors must be installed at the SRI factory.